Jeans: The timeless classic with an everlasting charm that outlives trends. There’s a lot to love and much to learn: When and where to wear jeans? How do you style them? Why is your wardrobe incomplete without them? Let’s dig into these questions, styling tips and much more!
WHY DO JEANS NEVER GO OUT OF STYLE?
Ever since their introduction and subsequent popularization in the United States in the mid-19th century, jeans have become a wardrobe staple that spans generations worldwide. While jeans originally gained popularity among the working class due to their durability, ruggedness and comfort, they later became a symbol of youth culture and rebellion with icons like James Dean at the forefront in the 1950s.
From the 1950s into the 21st century, jeans have enjoyed continued interest and only seen minor revisions throughout the decades, being instantly recognizable regardless of multiple iterations.
But enough with the history lesson: This all goes to say that denim jeans are incredibly versatile garments, which have stood the test of time and are still held in high regard as a timeless favorite.
THE PERFECT JEANS FOR EVERY OCCASION
With a lot of history behind them, you’d be forgiven for thinking that jeans had already been perfected – but not until now! At SHAPING NEW TOMORROW, we have cracked the code with the Classic Jeans that look like authentic denim jeans but offer comfort and features beyond that of real denim.
As with all of our Perfect Pants, our jeans are made with the express purpose of letting you stay comfortable and stylish all day, anywhere and for any occasion. Thanks to our innovative 360° stretch and a unique composition, our jeans feel immediately comfortable and retain their shape through repeated washes. Simply choose your favorite fit and you’re good to go!
Because no two people are alike, our Classic Jeans are available in two fits and three colors, all in different shades of blue, that are sure to exceed your expectations, no matter your preference. If blue jeans aren’t your style, we’ve got you covered with Stay Black Classic Jeans that are exceptionally color-fast, meaning the color doesn’t fade even through wash and wear. Our black jeans stay black: No more washed-out jeans after only a few weeks of use.
HOW TO STYLE MEN’S JEANS FOR EVERYDAY USE
When it comes to styling our Classic Jeans, the possibilities are practically endless due to their timeless design and details inspired by authentic denim, which goes with pretty much anything and everything.
That doesn’t stop us from making it even easier for you, however, so we’ve listed our favorite go-to styles that are as stylish as they are easy to pull off:
- Effortlessly Casual: Pair jeans with a white t-shirt and white sneakers for an effortless, laid-back look that’s perfect for running errands and hanging out with friends.
- Athleisure: Create a relaxed look with a sporty twist by combining jeans with a black sweatshirt. Cozy days at home and social gatherings are well within your reach with this comfortable outfit.
Remember, the fit is crucial, which is why our Classic Jeans come in two fits: Slim and regular. Our jeans with slim fit are narrower in the thighs and get slimmer toward the ankles, whereas our jeans with regular fit are wider in the thighs and all the way down.
The rule of thumb when finding your fit is that it suits your body type and that the trousers fit well around the waist – other than that, it mostly comes down to personal preference. For example, if you want to create a different look, length matters: Cuffing or hemming jeans can make a big difference on how they look on you.
ARE JEANS FORMAL MEN’S ATTIRE?
While jeans for men are typically considered casual wear, you may be surprised to hear that that’s not necessarily the case – if styled properly, jeans are just as suitable for formal wear.
Generally, black or dark-wash jeans are safe choices in a professional capacity and convey a sense of sophistication when paired with appropriate footwear and clothing to match. Strike the right balance between professionalism and comfort with these styles:
- Business Casual: In this case, you can’t go wrong with a tucked-in shirt in neutral or lighter colors for a refined appearance. Supposing it’s more casual than business, you can roll up your sleeves for a more relaxed look that’s still well-suited at meetings and work.
- Layered Sophistication: Creating an elegant look is no trouble when you’re using layers to your advantage. Keep your blue shirt tucked in, add a khaki knitwear and complete your outfit with a brown wool coat.
- Business Formal: Keep it simple and classy with a white shirt and a blazer that matches your jeans: A blazer instantly adds a dash of professionalism that elevates the outfit. Final touches include accessories such as a brown leather belt and a watch to ensure a pop of color that ties the look together.
- Black-on-Black: Black goes with everything – especially itself! For a simple and textured look, black jeans and a black turtleneck will suffice; but if you’re on the lookout for an all-black ensemble, style your knitwear with a black blazer and you’re set.
Put your new-found knowledge to good use: Grab one of the looks above or create your own outfit – you already know the best ways to style jeans.